IT Outsourcing Focus on your Business and Outsource your IT Department to have More Productivity With Less Cost.
In order to perform the complex functions that modern IT departments are required to perform they need to use computers, servers, database management systems and cryptography. The department is made up of several System Administrators, Database Administrators and at least one Information Technology Manager. The whole group usually reports to the Chief Information Officer (CIO).
Businesses today have an ever-expanding list of IT requirements, so much so that it can be difficult to tackle all of them on their own. Even small businesses and startups need enterprise-level cybersecurity, the capability to back up their data, and ongoing network support.
Why outsource IT if Your Employees are Handling it just fine?
When it comes to your company’s technology, your current employees may be handling things without a problem. However, the question is will they be able to handle things in the future. You need to consider how much time your employees are spending with tech issues, instead of focusing on their own jobs. You also need to realize that technology is constantly changing from year to year. It takes a lot of time, effort and money to stay on top of the latest advancements in IT and to train your employees.
Main Reason to Outsource IT
The main reason for outsourcing your company’s IT is cost. IT Outsourcing can help save a company money in the form of not having to hire additional employees, not having to increase the hours your employees are currently working and not having to buy new software with every advancement. Outsourcing can also provide better productivity and allow you to supply your customers with a better and more efficient product or service.
What You Get with an Outsourced IT Department
When you outsource IT, you get complete control over costs. Instead of fluctuating expenditures month after month, you pay a set fee that can fit right into your expenses. You’ll save on software acquisition, overhead, and turnover as well.
Instead of dedicating valuable employee time to IT issues, your staff can focus more on business-critical tasks. If IT isn’t part of your core business model, you can think less about IT and more about your real goals. Outsourcing frees up time at your organization, minimizing risk and enabling your employees to be more productive.
You also won’t have to worry about any of your network engineers getting bored because they’ve been made to run a help desk.
One of the most understated benefits of outsourcing is that you get access to the most up-to-date technology. For example, any IT company worth your time will provide you with tools like remote monitoring and management, offsite backups, and a ticketing system. These are all things you’d have to buy yourself if you hired internally.
And finally, you get instant access to a team of IT experts who are ready to go to work. After on-boarding, there’s no need for extensive training and certification. You won’t have to focus on attracting the best talent and filling in the gaps of their education.
What is the cost savings for outsourcing IT?
Cost savings benefits will differ for every company. The expected Return on Investment (ROI) is 30%, on average in cost reductions and increased productivity. It takes time to solve technical problems. Time that your employees can use to focus on the operation of the company and the goals to increase operations.
What’s the Best Choice?
As more businesses become technology-driven, the IT skills gap will continue to grow. It will become more difficult and costly to staff an internal IT department with the best talent moving forward. More businesses are outsourcing IT than ever before, and that trend is expected to continue.
Outsourced IT is also becoming the new standard for many industries. Even organizations that have IT departments work with a vendor or an outside IT partner by outsourcing key deliverable’s. In most cases, outsourcing is your best choice in terms of cost and efficiency.
Will you lose control of the IT department if you outsource?
For business owners that prefer to have regular involvement in every area of their company, outsourcing their IT department may make them initially feel like they have lost control over the company’s operations. However, this doesn’t have to be the result of outsourcing. An owner can choose to receive regular updates and have input into the process and decision making. Outsourcing will free up the owner to focus more on the operations of the company and the long-term direction of the business.
6 Benefits When Outsourcing Your IT Department
- Outsourced IT Security Intervention: With an Outsourced IT Security team, individuals using company-issued equipment like cell phones, tablets and laptops will intervein. With around the clock tracking and monitoring, the security team will catch any human errors, and prevent them from inviting an unknown stranger into your system.
- Outsourced IT Monitoring and Real-Time Tracking: A fully functional and operational system hums along due to a hands-on outsourced IT firm. Your staff is not interrupted. They are free to perform their regular duties. Any interruptions do not fall on their shoulders to identify and fix.
- Outsourced IT Consulting: The first step identifies and solves system issues before they cripple your business. A managed IT service consultant will assess the overall performance. Security of your IT infrastructure is also studied, and if problems exist, then specific products and services are recommended to solve any problems.
- Outsourced IT Creates Inventory Free Space:In your business, right now, how many spare monitors, keyboards, computers, and laptops, are not in use, taking up valuable square inch space, and not returning income above your investment?
- Outsourced IT Professionals Seek Ongoing Certifications: IT professionals have a vested interest in staying current and on the cutting-edge. On day one, you are only working with vetted industry professionals. Outsourced IT Departments invest heavily in ongoing training and certifications. They too must remain compliant with government laws and regulations.
- Outsourced IT Departments Reduce Your Risks: Outsourcing IT providers assume and manage much of this risk for you. Their specific industry knowledge, especially with security and compliance issues, they are equipped with deciding how to eliminate or reduce your risk.
With an organized outsourced IT staff, your inventory is now under strict control. You will know exactly:
- What inventory is on hand and functioning
- What equipment needs to be retired
- What IT stock can be recycled and sold
- When a piece of equipment needs replacing, then your IT provider will do it immediately
- What fully functioning devices will be permitted to comply with square inch rule
Choosing the Right IT Partner
When looking for the best IT partner for your business make sure you ask about how the IT Services provider plans to measure its success. Your IT partner should have specific goals to fulfill your company’s needs. A good IT Support provider will already have an accountability plan of their own in place.
More and more companies are outsourcing their IT needs and this will continue to increase in the future, which makes this an ever-evolving field that will continue to be a part of most businesses. With this in mind you owe it to your business to give IT outsourcing serious thought.
No related posts found